Chinese Country-Style Pork Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish with water, liquid smoke if desired and onion powder. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and basting with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chinese Country-Style Pork Ribs
Sort By :
i am a chinese food junkie and this is a keeper,but i did add fresh grated ginger to my taste[fabuloso]
I did the ribs in the microwave on high 20 minutes as the recipe says but they were tough. I would not make this recipe again.
I don't recommend microwaving the ribs because it made them very dry. The sauce, however, is amazing! I'm going to try it on marinated pork chops next.
I pre-cooke in microwave as suggested and used boneless ribs, and they were delicious! Just the recipe I've been looking for.
I par-boiled the ribs in beer and water until tender. For the sauce, I ommitted the honey...and the ribs were still hot and sweet!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilled Ribs >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >