We use this recipe a lot, especially in the summer. Everyone in the family enjoys it. It's great for barbecues, served with chicken and a little bread.
- 5 cups coarsely chopped Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (1-inch pieces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Toss all vegetables and sesame seeds to combine. In small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving; toss again before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Coleslaw in Country June/July 1990, p49
Reviews for Chinese Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review