Chinese Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until smooth; stir in 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, remaining soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in canola oil until no longer pink. Remove to a platter and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry peas and carrots for 5 minutes. Add the green onions, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan. Add soy sauce mixture; drain pasta; Add to skillet; toss until combined. Yield: 6 servings, 1 cup per serving.
1 cup equals 329 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Spaghetti
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.