Chinese Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until smooth; stir in 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, remaining soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in canola oil until no longer pink. Remove to a platter and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry peas and carrots for 5 minutes. Add the green onions, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan. Add soy sauce mixture; drain pasta; Add to skillet; toss until combined. Yield: 6 servings, 1 cup per serving.
1 cup equals 329 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Spaghetti
"This is so yummy! I've been making this since this particular issue came out 11 years ago! I wouldn't change a thing. My family loves it."
"Leave out the vinegar and it would be closer to a five star."
"Pretty good-tasted like take out. I thought it needed more sauce, though-next time I'd double the vinegar sauce."
"Delicious! I will definitely make this again. I followed the recipe exactly and thought it had great taste."
"I loved this recipe. I made extra sauce and added extra red pepper flakes because we love spicy food. Not bland at all. I will definitely make this again."
"I make this at least twice a month. Very easy and so good!"
"was really good"
"Our whole family loved it. Timing is important as the pea pods and carrots are easily over-cooked. It's great as a leftover too."
"Better than I expected."
"This recipe was great! I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles and added 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes for more spice. This seemed to be lacking in flavor so next time I may add more soy sauce or dry sherry to help."
"Love this! Its now in our rotation! It still takes me a little longer because it is a new recipe, but its pretty easy. The only thing we argue about is how much HOT to put in it. As it is, my lips are still on fire! Love this dish!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.