- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until smooth; stir in 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, remaining soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in canola oil until no longer pink. Remove to a platter and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry peas and carrots for 5 minutes. Add the green onions, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan. Add soy sauce mixture; drain pasta; Add to skillet; toss until combined. Yield: 6 servings, 1 cup per serving.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Spaghetti
"Very good nice and light for the new year. Cooked the snow peas with the pasta for the last minute of cooking time. Stir fried the carrots and green onions only 2 minutes the stated time would be too long. Served with bottled teriyaki and hot sauce on the side for those that wanted more of either flavor. The Almond Good Luck cake on this site is a great dessert for this meal!"
"This is so yummy! I've been making this since this particular issue came out 12 years ago! I wouldn't change a thing. My family loves it."
"Leave out the vinegar and it would be closer to a five star."
"Pretty good-tasted like take out. I thought it needed more sauce, though-next time I'd double the vinegar sauce."
"Delicious! I will definitely make this again. I followed the recipe exactly and thought it had great taste."
"I loved this recipe. I made extra sauce and added extra red pepper flakes because we love spicy food. Not bland at all. I will definitely make this again."
"I make this at least twice a month. Very easy and so good!"
"was really good"
"Our whole family loved it. Timing is important as the pea pods and carrots are easily over-cooked. It's great as a leftover too."