Chinese Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until smooth; stir in 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, remaining soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in canola oil until no longer pink. Remove to a platter and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry peas and carrots for 5 minutes. Add the green onions, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan. Add soy sauce mixture; drain pasta; Add to skillet; toss until combined. Yield: 6 servings, 1 cup per serving.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Spaghetti
Sort By :
Leave out the vinegar and it would be closer to a five star.
Pretty good-tasted like take out. I thought it needed more sauce, though-next time I'd double the vinegar sauce.
Delicious! I will definitely make this again. I followed the recipe exactly and thought it had great taste.
I loved this recipe. I made extra sauce and added extra red pepper flakes because we love spicy food. Not bland at all. I will definitely make this again.