Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sherry or apple juice, oil and ginger. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritio Facts: 2 cups equals 248 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,030 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
"I loved all the veggies in this salad! However, I wasnt a big fan of the dressing."
"This is the best Chinese Chicken Salad!! I have tried it at many up scale restaurants, and this is tops."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.