Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
“Here’s a main dish that’s a refreshing change of pace for dinner,” writes Linda LaPresle from Glendora, California. “Chock-full of veggies, it’s a treat for the two of us,” she says, “and so easy to multiply for drop-in guests.”
TIP: Use any remaining water chestnuts or bean sprouts in a stir-fry, salad or Asian-flavored wrap sandwich later.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a serving bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small
- bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sherry or apple juice, oil and ginger.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritio Facts: 2 cups equals 248 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,030 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable,