Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sherry or apple juice, oil and ginger. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cup: 248 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1030mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.