Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing Recipe
“Here’s a main dish that’s a refreshing change of pace for dinner,” writes Linda LaPresle from Glendora, California. “Chock-full of veggies, it’s a treat for the two of us,” she says, “and so easy to multiply for drop-in guests.” TIP: Use any remaining water chestnuts or bean sprouts in a stir-fry, salad or Asian-flavored wrap sandwich later.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a serving bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sherry or apple juice, oil and ginger. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2011
This is the best Chinese Chicken Salad!! I have tried it at many up scale restaurants, and this is tops.