Chinese Chicken Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing Recipe
This recipe is one I bring often to potlucks and get-togethers. I always return home with an empty dish.—Iko Amino, Chicago, Illinois
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 8 ounces wonton skins, sliced into strips and deep-fried or 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1. Combine dressing ingredients and set aside. Slice chicken into long thin strips. Just before serving, toss together chicken, onions, lettuce and dressing. Top with fried wontons or chow mein noodles and gently toss again. Recipe may be doubled. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2016
"Very tasty salad. It makes a great main dish on a hot day. I added some grated carrot and also some chopped cilantro. Definitely will make it again."
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2011
"i love the dressing, chow mein noodles just not right for us"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC