- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 8 ounces wonton skins, sliced into strips and deep-fried or 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside. Slice chicken into long thin strips. Just before serving, toss together chicken, onions, lettuce and dressing. Top with fried wontons or chow mein noodles and gently toss again. Recipe may be doubled. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing
Sort By :
i love the dressing, chow mein noodles just not right for us
I have made this salad 8 or 9 times now. It has become my wifes favorite. It is so good and easy and the dressing smells so good. We make it without the chicken as a side to many dinners too. Just a great recipe.