This recipe is one I bring often to potlucks and get-togethers. I always return home with an empty dish.—Iko Amino, Chicago, Illinois
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 8 ounces wonton skins, sliced into strips and deep-fried or 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside. Slice chicken into long thin strips. Just before serving, toss together chicken, onions, lettuce and dressing. Top with fried wontons or chow mein noodles and gently toss again. Recipe may be doubled. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Chicken Salad in Reminisce July/August 1991, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review