Chinese Chicken Salad
This recipe is one I bring often to potlucks and get-togethers. I always return home with an empty dish.Iko Amino, Chicago, Illinois
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 8 ounces wonton skins, sliced into strips and deep-fried or 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside. Slice chicken into long
- thin strips. Just before serving, toss together chicken, onions,
- lettuce and dressing. Top with fried wontons or chow mein noodles
- and gently toss again. Recipe may be doubled. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.