Here's a cool, easy entree perfect for steamy summer days! You can do most of the preparation for this dish ahead of time and just mix it together before serving. The crispy lettuce and wonton skins keep this dish light, while the chicken and dressing give it wonderful flavor. —Shirley Smith, Yorba Linda, California
- 6 ounces wonton wrappers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Deep-fry wonton strips in oil until brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, gently combine the chicken, lettuce, green onions and sesame seeds. In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Just before serving, add fried wonton skins to salad; pour dressing over and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Chicken Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chinese Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review