Crispy chow mein noodles top this twist on chop suey that’s sure to be a family favorite. Willie DeWaard - Coralville, IA
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, undrained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, bean sprouts, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in rice and water chestnuts.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; stir in peas and sprinkle with noodles. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Beef Casserole in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p21
Reviews for Chinese Beef Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review