- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, undrained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, bean sprouts, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in rice and water chestnuts.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; stir in peas and sprinkle with noodles. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chinese Beef Casserole(21)
Sort By :
My family and I were not impressed. I won't serve it again.
It was OK. I liked the crunch but not sure if I really liked the flavor. I would make it once a year.
My grandkids said it tastes like hamburger helper. O. K. But not a winner.
I haven't done this recipe yet.. but I asked my cousin who should be a gourmet cook about the dilemma of the crunchy rice. He suggested that you cover the pan tightly when baking it.. and to extend the cook time to an hour. I'll let you know how it goes with this adjustment.
This is very similar to an old recipe we used to make in the late 50's. We precooked the rice and mixed it in with everything else raw, kind of like a meat loaf, then baked in a casserole dish until done. It called for celery soup and mushroom soup. and there were no peas. We never had leftovers but there were 6 of us.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Pea Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >