Chinese Beef Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, undrained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, bean sprouts, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in rice and water chestnuts.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; stir in peas and sprinkle with noodles. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 461 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,233 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.