Chinese Barbecued Ribs Recipe
- 1/2 cup char siu sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Reserve half of the sauce for basting.
- 2. Place ribs, bone side down, in a shallow roasting pan lined with foil. Spoon remaining sauce over ribs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until ribs are tender, basting occasionally with reserved sauce. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Sprinkle with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chinese Barbecued Ribs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.