Chinese Barbecued Ribs Recipe
One bite of these tender and flavorful ribs and you'll understand why this is the most requested recipe from friends and family. I developed it based on a recipe from my father-in-law, adding my own interpretation over the years. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1/2 cup char siu sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Reserve half of the sauce for basting.
- Place ribs, bone side down, in a shallow roasting pan lined with foil. Spoon remaining sauce over ribs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until ribs are tender, basting occasionally with reserved sauce. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Sprinkle with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Barbecued Ribs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p102
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chinese Barbecued Ribs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review