Chinese Barbecued Pork Parfaits Recipe
Layered in small glasses, these Asian-style parfaits are sure to wow guests. The tender pork, rice and flavorful sauce may tempt you to try larger portions as an entree!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup black bean sauce
- 9 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup sauce for thickening; set aside remaining sauce for basting.
- Cut the roast in quarters and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; pour 1 in. of water into bottom of pan. Spoon half of the remaining sauce mixture over roast. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, basting occasionally with remaining sauce.
- Increase heat to 400° bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer, basting occasionally. Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred pork with two forks.
- Place reserved sauce mixture in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; stir in shredded pork.
- In each of twenty-four 3-oz. glasses or mini dessert bowls, layer rice and shredded pork; sprinkle with cashews and green onions. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chinese Barbecued Pork Parfaits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chinese Barbecued Pork Parfaits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >