Chimichurri Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 cups packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the parsley, oil, lime juice, garlic, vinegar, cumin, salt, oregano and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute shrimp in 1/4 cup parsley mixture for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute red pepper and onion in 1/4 cup parsley mixture until tender. Stir in the shrimp, rice, grapes and remaining parsley mixture; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 421 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.