The herby goodness of my favorite sauce shines in this nostalgic bread recipe that comes together quickly thanks to refrigerated biscuits. Serve warm as an appetizer with marinara for dipping, or as a side to an Italian entree. —Eden Dranger, Los Angeles
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cut each biscuit in half and shape into a ball. Roll in herb mixture.
- Place biscuit pieces in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chimichurri Monkey Bread in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p37
Reviews for Chimichurri Monkey Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2014
"Very tasty- my hubby loved it!"
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2012
"This was absolutely wonderful! Prep was simple and it stole the show at dinner. I used a cheap vinegar and regret that - will use a good quality vinegar next time."