- drippings to a 6-qt slow cooker. Add the potatoes, carrots, onion
- and celery. Combine the broth, juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce,
- bay leaf, thyme, basil, paprika and remaining salt and pepper; pour
- over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are
- tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Discard bay
- leaves. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 310 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 874 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.