"This cool treat is stored in the freezer so it's always handy," says field editor Katie Koziolek of Hartland, Minnesota." It's a great way to use what's left from a fruit platter or melon boat."
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups watermelon balls or cubes
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls or cubes
- 2 cups honeydew balls or cubes
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the water, sugar and concentrates; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add fruit and stir gently to coat. Spoon into foil-lined muffin cups or 3-oz. plastic cups. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Before serving, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or let stand at room temperature for 30-45 minutes or until slushy. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Chilly Melon Cups in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p8
Reviews for Chilly Melon Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2013
"This is one of the best make ahead recipes for fruit salad! Just enough sweetness in the syrup. So easy and delicious!"