"This cool treat is stored in the freezer so it's always handy," says field editor Katie Koziolek of Hartland, Minnesota." It's a great way to use what's left from a fruit platter or melon boat."
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups watermelon balls or cubes
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls or cubes
- 2 cups honeydew balls or cubes
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the water, sugar and concentrates; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add fruit and stir gently to coat. Spoon into foil-lined muffin cups or 3-oz. plastic cups. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Before serving, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or let stand at room temperature for 30-45 minutes or until slushy. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Chilly Melon Cups in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p8
Reviews for Chilly Melon Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2013
"This is one of the best make ahead recipes for fruit salad! Just enough sweetness in the syrup. So easy and delicious!"