Chilly Dilly Carrots Recipe
WE'VE always taken advantage of the fresh produce we're fortunate to have almost year-round. I prepare carrots often, since they're so nutritious and versatile. This dish is one of my favorites. It can be prepared a few days ahead of time, so it's easy when you're planning to serve it for a special meal. -Lizzie Sartin, Brookhaven, Mississippi
- 1/2 pound carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place carrots in a small saucepan and cover with water; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a small bowl. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over carrots. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 91 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Chilly Dilly Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC