Chilly Dilly Carrots Recipe
- 1/2 pound carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place carrots in a small saucepan and cover with water; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a small bowl. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over carrots. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free salad dressings) equals 91 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.