Chilly-Day Hot Cocoa Mix
This easy-to-assemble gift is perfect for teachers, friends and neighbors. —Marie Wiersma, St. Johns, Michigan
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 1/2 cup hot fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- In a small airtight container, combine the milk powder, cocoa,
- confectioners' sugar and sugar. Store in a cool dry place for up to
- 2 months.
- To prepare hot cocoa: Place 1/4 cup mix in a mug; stir in hot milk
- and water until blended. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 cups hot cocoa
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup hot cocoa equals 137 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 starch.