Chilly-Day Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons uncooked instant rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small nonstick saucepan, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the potatoes, carrot, broth, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Return to a boil; stir in rice and salt. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 205 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chilly-Day Chicken Soup
"My whole picky family loved it. Although next time, I need to double the recipe. I did add 1 tablespoon of chicken base."
"I thought at the bottom of the recipe page there was a suggestion of converting this to a beef soup. What was the cut of beef used?"
"wow! what else was on your diet plan? that's a GREAT weight loss! congrats!"