“This was one of the things I ate on my healthy-heart diet and I lost 67 pounds in six months. It's a very light and tasty chicken soup. I hope you like it.” Deborah Mitchell - Clarksville, Indiana
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons uncooked instant rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small nonstick saucepan, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the potatoes, carrot, broth, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Return to a boil; stir in rice and salt. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chilly-Day Chicken Soup in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p29
Reviews for Chilly-Day Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2016
"My whole picky family loved it. Although next time, I need to double the recipe. I did add 1 tablespoon of chicken base."
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2008
"wow! what else was on your diet plan? that's a GREAT weight loss! congrats!"