- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small nonstick saucepan, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the potatoes, carrot, broth, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Return to a boil; stir in rice and salt. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chilly-Day Chicken Soup in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p29
Reviews for Chilly-Day Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2008
"I thought at the bottom of the recipe page there was a suggestion of converting this to a beef soup. What was the cut of beef used?"
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2008
"wow! what else was on your diet plan? that's a GREAT weight loss! congrats!"