Chilled Tomato Salad Recipe
I use homegrown veggies to make this special summer salad. It's popular at picnics.—Cathleen Bushman, Geneva, Illinois
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced into rings
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 106 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC