Chilled Summer Berry Bisque Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 4 cups blueberries, apple juice, orange juice, honey, ginger, orange peel, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, process blueberry mixture and yogurt in batches until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, garnish with mint and remaining blueberries. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 145 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Chilled Summer Berry Bisque
"I made this last night and it is chilling right now to serve this evening at a dinner party. I tasted it this morning and it is excellent. It was easy to make and took very little time at all."
"this recipe is much better without the ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. The spices completely overpowered the dish and made it taste like something at Thanksgiving. I will make again but will omit the spices"
"Probably will make this again. I have 3 other fruit soup recipes I want to try. It was overly orangey for me. Also, I used Ceylon cinnamon."