A blend of yogurt and spices thickens this cold blueberry soup and tempers the sweetness. It makes an attractive and healthy first course for a summer menu.—Arlene Knick, Newport News, Virginia
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine 4 cups blueberries, apple juice, orange juice, honey, ginger, orange peel, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process blueberry mixture and yogurt in batches until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, garnish with mint and remaining blueberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Summer Berry Bisque in Country Woman June/July 2010, p45
Reviews for Chilled Summer Berry Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review