Chilled Strawberry Soup Recipe
A neighbor gave this recipe to my young daughter after she went to visit with a bowl and spoon in hand!—Ellen Lohrenz, Enid, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Whipped cream or yogurt and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine strawberries, orange juice and cinnamon; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a large saucepan; add the tapioca and let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in buttermilk, sugar, lemon juice and peel. Refrigerate. Garnish with whipped cream or yogurt and mint if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 132 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC