A neighbor gave this recipe to my young daughter after she went to visit with a bowl and spoon in hand!—Ellen Lohrenz, Enid, Oklahoma
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Whipped cream or yogurt and fresh mint, optional
- In a blender, combine strawberries, orange juice and cinnamon; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large saucepan; add the tapioca and let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in buttermilk, sugar, lemon juice and peel. Refrigerate. Garnish with whipped cream or yogurt and mint if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Strawberry Soup in Country Woman May/June 1998, p35
Reviews for Chilled Strawberry Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review