Chilled Squash and Carrot Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the squash, broth, carrots, onion and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, puree squash mixture in batches. Transfer to a bowl, stir in milk. Cover and chill until serving. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 127 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chilled Squash and Carrot Soup
"Wow this soup is way better than I thought it would be! I omitted the sour cream. Definitely worth making!~ Theresa"
"Pretty, easy, healthy, tasty... good soup!"