- 1-1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the squash, broth, carrots, onion and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree squash mixture in batches. Transfer to a bowl, stir in milk. Cover and chill until serving. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Squash and Carrot Soup in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p31
Reviews for Chilled Squash and Carrot Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2013
"Wow this soup is way better than I thought it would be! I omitted the sour cream. Definitely worth making!~ Theresa"
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2010
"Pretty, easy, healthy, tasty... good soup!"