- 1-1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the squash, broth, carrots, onion and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree squash mixture in batches. Transfer to a bowl, stir in milk. Cover and chill until serving. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Squash and Carrot Soup in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p31
Reviews for Chilled Squash and Carrot Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2013
Wow this soup is way better than I thought it would be! I omitted the sour cream. Definitely worth making!
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2010
Pretty, easy, healthy, tasty... good soup!
More Recipe Collections
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Carrot Soup >
- Carrot Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >