Guests at my garden theme party loved the flavor of this beautiful fruit soup, calling it elegant, surprising and a real treat! Strawberry yogurt, pureed berries and a spicy syrup are blended to produce a fancy first course. —Sara Laker Loda, Illinois
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups (16 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- Additional strawberry halves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, 3/4 cup water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves; bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place strawberries and remaining water in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl. Add apple juice mixture, yogurt and food coloring if desired. Chill. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Strawberry Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p37
Reviews for Chilled Spiced Strawberry Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review