Chilled Salmon with Cucumber-Dill Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 10 whole peppercorns
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 4-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the water, wine, onions and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add salmon. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. With a spatula, carefully remove salmon; discard cooking liquid. Cool salmon for 10 minutes; refrigerate until chilled. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 316 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Chilled Salmon with Cucumber-Dill Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.