Chilled Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, marinade drained and reserved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions, except substitute 1 teaspoon oil for butter called for. Cool.
- 2. Add the olives, green onions and green pepper; toss to mix. Cut the artichokes into quarters and add to rice mixture; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder and reserved marinade; blend well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 211 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Chilled Rice Salad
"i liked that it was simple to put together. I did omit the olives and used colored peppers in place of the green peppers."
"My family liked this tasty recipe a lot, especially the inclusion of artichoke hearts. I liked it because it's so easy to put together. I will remember to keep all the ingredients in my pantry so I can fix at short notice."