Chilled Rice Salad
My family really enjoys this salad during the summer months. I usually have to double it because everyone goes for seconds.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, marinade drained and reserved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, except substitute 1
- teaspoon oil for butter called for. Cool.
- Add the olives, green onions and green pepper; toss to mix. Cut the
- artichokes into quarters and add to rice mixture; set aside. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder and reserved
- marinade; blend well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to mix. Cover and
- chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.