Chilled Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, marinade drained and reserved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions, except substitute 1 teaspoon oil for butter called for. Cool.
- 2. Add the olives, green onions and green pepper; toss to mix. Cut the artichokes into quarters and add to rice mixture; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder and reserved marinade; blend well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 211 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chilled Rice Salad
"i liked that it was simple to put together. I did omit the olives and used colored peppers in place of the green peppers."
"My family liked this tasty recipe a lot, especially the inclusion of artichoke hearts. I liked it because it's so easy to put together. I will remember to keep all the ingredients in my pantry so I can fix at short notice."