My family really enjoys this salad during the summer months. I usually have to double it because everyone goes for seconds.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, marinade drained and reserved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, except substitute 1 teaspoon oil for butter called for. Cool.
- Add the olives, green onions and green pepper; toss to mix. Cut the artichokes into quarters and add to rice mixture; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder and reserved marinade; blend well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Rice Salad in Country August/September 1993, p51
Reviews for Chilled Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2008
"My family liked this tasty recipe a lot, especially the inclusion of artichoke hearts. I liked it because it's so easy to put together. I will remember to keep all the ingredients in my pantry so I can fix at short notice."