My family really enjoys this salad during the summer months. I usually have to double it because everyone goes for seconds.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, marinade drained and reserved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, except substitute 1 teaspoon oil for butter called for. Cool.
- Add the olives, green onions and green pepper; toss to mix. Cut the artichokes into quarters and add to rice mixture; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder and reserved marinade; blend well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Rice Salad in Country August/September 1993, p51
Reviews for Chilled Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2008
"My family liked this tasty recipe a lot, especially the inclusion of artichoke hearts. I liked it because it's so easy to put together. I will remember to keep all the ingredients in my pantry so I can fix at short notice."