Chilled Rhubarb Soup Recipe
Chilled fruit soup is one of my favorite things in the summer months. I can't wait to get this recipe out every year!—Laurel Anderson, Pinole, California
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- Sliced oranges, kiwifruit and/or additional strawberries, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, bring strawberries, rhubarb and orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sugar to taste. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, blend half the fruit mixture at a time until smooth. Chill.
- 3. To serve, spoon into bowls; garnish with oranges, kiwi and/or strawberries if desired. Yield: about 1 quart.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 172 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chilled Rhubarb Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC