Chilled Red Wine Fruit Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup dry red wine or 1/2 cup grape juice plus 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the wine or grape juice plus vinegar, sugar, red wine vinegar, cinnamon stick and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Strain liquid; discard cinnamon stick and cloves. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (4 teaspoons) equals 60 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Chilled Red Wine Fruit Dressing
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.