The fruit bowl will be the first to empty when Donna Warner's elegant dressing is tossed into the mix. "It's wonderful with melon balls, sliced oranges, strawberries, bananas and most any type of fruit," she writes from Tavares, Florida. "Use it to dress either a salad or a light summer dessert."
- 1 cup dry red wine or 1/2 cup grape juice plus 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- In a saucepan, combine the wine or grape juice plus vinegar, sugar, red wine vinegar, cinnamon stick and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain liquid; discard cinnamon stick and cloves. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Red Wine Fruit Dressing in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p52
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chilled Red Wine Fruit Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review