Chilled Raspberry Soup
Family and friends enjoy this lovely cold soup. I often use sugar substitute and reduced-fat sour cream to make it a little lighter.Amy Wenger, Severance, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5-1/3 cups plus 12 fresh raspberries, divided
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons sour cream, divided
- In a blender, combine the cranberry juice, sugar and 5-1/3 cups
- raspberries; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard
- seeds. Stir in 1-1/3 cups sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours.
- To serve, pour 1/4 cup of soup into 12 cordial glasses. Top each with
- a raspberry and 1/2 teaspoon sour cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 111 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.