Chilled Peach Soup
Here's a peachy way to begin a lady's luncheon or brunch. This refreshing soup shared by Lane McLoud of Perry, Georgia stars her home state's premier fruit crop. The toasted almonds on top are a nice complement to the sweet-tart flavor. "A serving of this fruit soup is surprisingly filling," she writes.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a blender or food processor, combine the peaches, yogurt, lemon
- juice and extract; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until
- chilled. Serve with almonds and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 158 calories, 7 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.