Chilled Peach Soup Recipe
- 3 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the peaches, yogurt, lemon juice and extract; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with almonds and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 158 calories, 7g fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1 fat
Reviews for Chilled Peach Soup
"Loved this, simple and fun, the Kids liked it as well. also loved this version with Fresh ginger http://www.chefmorgan.com/soupe-de-peches-au-gingembre-frais-peach-soup-with-fresh-ginger"
"This soup was so quick and easy! I wasn't able to let it chill as long as I would have liked but the flavor was so bright and the texture so smooth. I added a drizzle of honey while I was blending just because I wanted to. I served this with a strawberry soup and chicken Caesar wrap. Definitely a keeper for hot summer days!"