Here's a peachy way to begin a lady's luncheon or brunch. This refreshing soup shared by Lane McLoud of Perry, Georgia stars her home state's premier fruit crop. The toasted almonds on top are a nice complement to the sweet-tart flavor. "A serving of this fruit soup is surprisingly filling," she writes.
- 3 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a blender or food processor, combine the peaches, yogurt, lemon juice and extract; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with almonds and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Peach Soup in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p5
Reviews for Chilled Peach Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review