Chilled Pea Soup
Anna Russell of Peterborough, Ontario uses convenient frozen peas to blend together this fresh-tasting soup flecked with dill. "Serve it as a first course for a summer meal or with a tossed green salad and Fresh rolls for a main course!
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the peas, broth, lemon juice, dill,
- salt and pepper. Place half of the mixture at a time in a blender;
- cover and process until pureed. Return all to the blender. Add
- yogurt; puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 160 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 8 g protein.