Chilled Pea Soup Recipe
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the peas, broth, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Place half of the mixture at a time in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return all to the blender. Add yogurt; puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 160 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Chilled Pea Soup
"This is not a review but a question. It says to add the peas, etc., but do you cook them or puree them cold?"