Anna Russell of Peterborough, Ontario uses convenient frozen peas to blend together this fresh-tasting soup flecked with dill. "Serve it as a first course for a summer meal or with a tossed green salad and Fresh rolls for a main course!
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the peas, broth, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Place half of the mixture at a time in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return all to the blender. Add yogurt; puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Pea Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p65
Reviews for Chilled Pea Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2015
"This is not a review but a question. It says to add the peas, etc., but do you cook them or puree them cold?"