Chilled Mixed Fruit Recipe
Our Christmas meal always began with this refreshing, colorful cup that combines seven different fruits. You could even serve it as a light summer dessert with a scoop of lime sherbet.—Janet Wood, Windham, New Hampshire
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium grapefruit
- 2 medium navel oranges
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 medium apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium pear, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
- 2. Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of each grapefruit; stand grapefruit upright on a cutting board. Cut off peel and outer membrane, starting from the top. Holding fruit over a bowl to catch juices, remove grapefruit sections by cutting along the membrane. Repeat with oranges.
- 3. Place lemon juice, sugar syrup, citrus sections and reserved juices in a large bowl; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. Stir in remaining fruit; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour longer. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 fruit
Reviews for Chilled Mixed Fruit
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC