Chilled Mixed Berry Soup Recipe
As a lovely addition to a luncheon menu, our home economists recommend this cool, fruity soup featuring three kinds of berries.
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the berries, apple juice, water, sugar, lemon juice and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 20 minutes or until berries are softened. Strain, reserving juice. Press berry mixture through a fine meshed sieve; discard seeds. Add pulp to reserved juice; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Place berry mixture in a food processor or blender; add yogurt. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into bowls. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 151 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC