Chilled Mixed Berry Soup
As a lovely addition to a luncheon menu, our home economists recommend this cool, fruity soup featuring three kinds of berries.
4 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the berries, apple juice, water, sugar,
- lemon juice and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 20
- minutes or until berries are softened. Strain, reserving juice.
- Press berry mixture through a fine meshed sieve; discard seeds. Add
- pulp to reserved juice; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place berry mixture in a food processor or blender; add yogurt. Cover
- and process until smooth. Pour into bowls. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 151 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.