Chilled Melon Soup
Looking for something to put pizzazz in a summer luncheon? Try this pretty, refreshing soup with a kick of cayenne pepper to get the conversation going. —Mary Lou Timpson, Colorado City, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 mint sprigs
- Place the orange juice, yogurt and cantaloupe in a blender; cover and
- process until pureed. Add the honey, salt, nutmeg and cayenne; cover
- and process until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before
- serving. Garnish with mint sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 82 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.