Chilled Melon Soup Recipe
Looking for something to put pizzazz in a summer luncheon? Try this pretty, refreshing soup with a kick of cayenne pepper to get the conversation going. —Mary Lou Timpson, Colorado City, Arizona
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 mint sprigs
- 1. Place the orange juice, yogurt and cantaloupe in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Add the honey, salt, nutmeg and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with mint sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 82 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Chilled Melon Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC