- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 mint sprigs
- Place the orange juice, yogurt and cantaloupe in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Add the honey, salt, nutmeg and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with mint sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chilled Melon Soup
"I have not made it yet, but when summer really hits here in Colo. Spgs. I will. I cannot understand the reviews saying that it sounded like the recipe called for chilies. There is a difference between chilies and chilled. I hope people will read the recipe once again. BD"
"Goodness gracious, vieux. The recipe title is CHILLED Melon Soup, because it is CHILLED before serving, not because it has chilies in it."
"I would make this again with severe modifications. Your title suggests the use of chilies. Shouldn't you use the bloody things? No one will detect 1/8 tsp. This is a decent recipe but to use a descriptor such as kick of cayenne? 1/8 tsp? Your friends are tasting a boring cantaloupe and orange juice with ...... nothing. Pump up the cayenne or chili of choice to at least 1/2 tsp or better, add some sea salt and play. sorry but as it is... boring"
"Chilled melon soup is a good, easy meal to make and one my family makes when we want a simple soup to eat. It's delicious and definitely going in my recipe box."