Looking for something to put pizzazz in a summer luncheon? Try this pretty, refreshing soup with a kick of cayenne pepper to get the conversation going. —Mary Lou Timpson, Colorado City, Arizona
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 mint sprigs
- Place the orange juice, yogurt and cantaloupe in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Add the honey, salt, nutmeg and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with mint sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Melon Soup in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p48
Reviews for Chilled Melon Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review